Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let the Redeemed say so...

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary..." Psalm 107:2

Well here it is...blogging. I've always been somewhat afraid of blogging, and here's why: I always associated blogging with having a public diary, and a diary by definition is supposed to be a private document, "a daily record, usually private, esp. of the writer's own experiences, observations, feelings, attitudes, etc." Growing up with two brothers who prided themselves in stealing my diary taught me early in life to safeguard my diary and protect its contents with whatever means necessary. Seriously, having your fifth grade crush revealed to the neighborhood can be scarring. (Don't worry Chad and Daniel, the wounds have healed:))

So if I'm so against sharing my diaries, why you may ask am I blogging? The answer: Positive Peer Pressure. Some of my dear friends have been blogging recently about lessons from their lives and it has encouraged me and challenged me to share the Lord's faithfulness in my own life. The Lord has redeemed me and because of that, I gladly say so.